Kresley Cole’s Immortals After Dark paranormal romance series is about mythical creatures who “all secretly exist alongside humans and enjoy the gift of immortality. There are hundreds of different kinds: from Vampires to Lykae, from Furies to Shifters, from the Fey to Valkyries.” On August 24th, the ninth book in the series will be released (don’t worry if you haven’t read the previous eight titles as they are all standalone stories), DEMON FROM THE DARK:
[A] scorching tale of a demon outcast poisoned with vampire blood and the vulnerable young witch he vows to protect—even from himself.
Thanks to Simon & Schuster, I’m giving away a copy. (see details below). Be sure to RSVP for Kresley’s Live U-Stream Chat on Monday, October 23rd from 6-7pm 4-5pm* to celebrate the release of DEMON FROM THE DARK and ask Kresley all the burning Immortal After Dark questions you’ve been dying to know the answers to.
**Well, Kresley fans set your clocks back because now you can chat with Kresley Cole earlier. The times have changed to 4-5 pm.**
Cover Evolution
The Immortal After Dark series has gone through quite the cover evolution when comparing the Playing Easy to Get anthology cover with the upcoming DEMON FROM THE DARK cover. I personally love the recent black and white covers with the vibrant primary colored text, but what do you think? Should they have stuck with the couple covers? Which one is your favorite?
The Immortals After Dark Series
Giveaway
Giveaway courtesy of Simon & Schuster
One copy of DEMON FROM THE DARK by Kresley Cole
On Sale: 8/24/10
ISBN: 9781439123126
Description
From New York Times bestselling author Kresley Cole comes this scorching tale of a demon outcast poisoned with vampire blood and the vulnerable young witch he vows to protect—even from himself.
A DANGEROUS DEMON SHE CAN'T RESIST . . .
Malkom Slaine: tormented by his sordid past and racked by vampiric hungers, he's pushed to the brink by the green-eyed beauty under his guard.
A MADDENING WITCH HE ACHES TO CLAIM . . .
Carrow Graie: hiding her own sorrows, she lives only for the next party or prank. Until she meets a tortured warrior worth saving.
TRAPPED TOGETHER IN A SAVAGE PRISON . . .
In order for Malkom and Carrow to survive, he must unleash both the demon and vampire inside him. When Malkom becomes the nightmare his own people feared, will he lose the woman he craves body and soul?
Click HERE to read an excerpt from DEMON FROM THE DARK
Giveaway Guidelines
- Open to US only
- Leave a comment telling me your thoughts on the covers for the series & a way to contact you if you win
- Entries must be received by Midnight MST on August 24th. Winners will be contacted and announced on August 25th.
Interested in offering a giveaway on All Things Urban Fantasy? CONTACT ME





















I like the new cover so I don't mind the change. I'm not really picky about cover styles in a series.
ReplyDeleteThe covers for this series are smoking. I have been collecting these books for some time. I am not sure I have them all. I try to keep my list with me... but they are so damn tempting I forget which ones I have, lol. Please enter me in!
ReplyDeletealliwantandmorebooks@ gmail.com
The Immortals After Dark is one of my all time favs.
ReplyDeleteBut I almost didn't read it. LOL A Hunger Like No Other sat on my tbr shelf for a year - because of the cover. My Mother bought the book and passed it along to me - but the cover didn't grab me - so I didn't even read the back blurb.
One day I read a review of the book and thought - that sounds great. So I grabbed it off the shelf and was hooked. :)
With Dark Needs at Night's Edge, the covers changed to a more 'real person' look. I like the new change. :)
Michelle
kweenmg at yahoo dot com
I love this series but I must say I like the newer covers. The earlier covers didn't "grab" me. I don't really like the (I think it's called "clinch"?) covers, but the headless torso is just fine with me!
ReplyDeletebookaddictpatti at cox dot net
I love the new cover. It is really great. Please enter me in contest. I would love to read the book. Tore923@aol.com
ReplyDeleteHonestly, I like all of the covers. However I do like the newer grayscale(sepia) versions of the latest I believe best. THe newest covr looks awesome and I am so looking forward to this release ;).
ReplyDeletePam S
pams00 @ aol.com
I agree with you. The black and white cover with the orange text is very eye catching.
ReplyDeletelizzi0915 at aol dot com
I’d love to tell you what I think but I only get little red x’s.
ReplyDeleteThe new covers didn't bother me, but the covers have got better over the series. Kiss of a Demon King is still my favorite.
ReplyDeletejnmt3@hotmail.com
I absolutely love the new covers.... I mean I did love the old ones because they gave me something to picture when I was trying to imagine them in my head. But I love the new ones more because of the gorgeous men and the bold colored text against the black and white.
ReplyDeleteerfaulkner91(at)yahoo(dot)com
The older covers were a bit cheesy but I still liked them. The new ones with these yummy men on the cover are my favorite of course. My favorite cover is a tie between Demon From The Dark and Kiss Of A Demon King.
ReplyDeleteStephanie G
sgradel(at)gmail(dot)com
Paranormal Haven
It is interesting to see how the the covers have evolved. I like the black and white ones better myself, with just the hero on the cover. My favorite is Demon From the Dark (like the trailer for this one too).
ReplyDeletea follower
US
caity_mack at yahoo dot com
I think the covers are HOT, looking forward to this one! tWarner419@aol.com
ReplyDeleteThe covers have gotten much better as the series progressed. The latest are great and very eye catching. Can't wait for the next book! Love this series!
ReplyDeleteSarah
sks6480 at yahoo dot com
I love the new covers because they catch the eye and are yummy to look at all the time!
ReplyDeletelilazncutie1215[at]yahoo[dot]com
I think the covers have gotten steamier. Love them!
ReplyDeletetala minari @gmail.com (no space)
I've always loved Kresley Cole's covers. I love the play with the monochromatic coloring with a sharp contrast with the color of the lettering. Makes the book really pop out in comparison to other books. ^_^
ReplyDeleteThe last two or three covers have been very good. A cross between sexy and serious. I like the new cover as well.
ReplyDeletePlease enter me in the giveaway.
justpeachy36@yahoo.com
I loved the old covers alot but I do like the new ones too. Really great books and the latest sounds so good can't wait to read it. Great giveaway thank you for the chance!
ReplyDeletetishajean@charter.net
I like the covers more if they only have the guy on them. The others are a little cheesy for me.
ReplyDeleteusignolc(at)yahooDOTcom
I love them all but for some reason Deep Kiss of Winters cover draws me the most.
ReplyDeleteI'm a follower via GFC
sasluvbooks(at)yahoo.com
I love the black and white cover and the model sure don't hurt to look at . Who is that ?
ReplyDeletemeandi09@yahoo.com
I like the process of transformation the covers have gone through. I always found the cover of A Hunger Like No Other to be a little less than stellar, especially considering how much I love the story!
ReplyDeletewhatbookisthat at gmail dot com
Thanks!
I prefer the covers with more color. They just POP more. Of the most recent books Deep Kiss of Winter is the best. Of the older couple designs I like No Rest for the Wicked best. My least favorite is Playing Easy to Get as it is too generic.
ReplyDeleterobin [at] intensewhisper [dot] com
I'm not such a fan of these covers - they seem to similar to me.
ReplyDeleteI love the stark coloring of the more recent covers. It sets them apart from the usual paranormal covers. I find them to be more bold and hence they stick out on the shelf. They also give off a more mature vibe which fits with the storyline.
ReplyDeletejoderjo402 AT gmail DOT com
I have loved all the covers. The covers like the books have just gotten better and better.
ReplyDeleteI like how most of the covers are similar since it makes it look like they are part of the same series. The last four are slightly more interesting though.
ReplyDeleteLadytink_534(at)yahoo(dot)com
i love this series!!! and i think the covers are great!!
ReplyDeletemariannguyen16(AT)gmail(DOT)com
I think the covers are ALL terrific! I'm way behind on this series. Love to win this one.
ReplyDeleteI follow on gfc
mlawson17 at hotmail dot com
I think that the covers are great - I like that they have gone to just the amazing man cover!
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting - please enter me - I am an old follower.
bsharp88@gmail.com
Color wise, Deep Kiss of Winter with Gena Showalter would have to be my favorite cover. I love all these newer covers with the snow in them. Followed by that I kinda prefer the older covers with the guy/girl on them.
ReplyDeleteTdubwow@gmail.com
I like them, but I prefer to show everything from the waist up. I like the faces of the men on the covers.
ReplyDeletetwoofakind12@yahoo.com
I like the newer covers without the women. Just show me the hotties and I love it.
ReplyDeletebeckerjo(at)verizon(dot)net
I agree. I love the new look of the covers with the grey backgrounds and colored text. I especially like the yellow, it really pops more so than the others. I'm also in love with the moon being on this cover. I love covers with moons :)
ReplyDeletemisled(DOT)ghosts(AT)gmail(DOT)com
My friend and I were just talking about this today - 'don't judge a book by it's cover' - YEAH RIGHT, we all do it. If the allure of the cover doesn't suck (pun intended) us in, we are going to push it to the bottom of the pile.
ReplyDeleteI love the direction she's gone with the covers - I don't want to see a face, I want to figure that out on my own.
jennscl@gmail.com
The covers are mysterious, sexy, and gives you the feeling as though you can experience the mist and change in temperature. All of that blended together are a nice mix.
ReplyDeletelenikaye@yahoo.com
I love the covers of this series
ReplyDeletevidisha
vidishamun@gmail.com
I'm with you--I like the current covers more. They are different from the rest of what's out there and they really stand out. My fav of these is "Pleasure of a Dark Prince." (Email in profile.)
ReplyDeleteI like the newer covers better - love a yummy guy on book covers!
ReplyDeleteI like the newer covers much better. They are more artistic and visually appealing than the more boring couples covers.
ReplyDeleteI like the newer covers. They appeal to my paranormal side instead of just the romantic side. My fav is Demon King. Did you see his back? Whoa .
ReplyDeletesstogner1@triad.rr.com
I love all the covers. They are fantastic. My favorites would have to be the ones with the fabulous six packs. "OOH LAH LAH" Really they are just absolutely YUMMY. But if a girl had to pick just one the Demon King Rocks.
ReplyDeletelglblndidaho@gmail.com
I love the covers they went from being almost cartoonish to more realistic. Demon King and Pleasures of a Dark Prince
ReplyDeletexafterlifeofthepartyx@yahoo.com
I love all the covers... I know they changed but I still love em all. And even more so - I love this series. Great story and definitely some fun scenes in them ;). One of my fave romance series.
ReplyDeletedragonzgoil at gmail dot com
I prefer the newer covers.
ReplyDeleteThe covers are really hot. The new and the old ones all look good.
ReplyDeletejuliecookies(at)gmail.com
i like the style of the older covers slightly better, but what i don't like is when they change the cover styles in the middle of a series. i have a thing about that.....as long as it's still a great story, though, the cover does not matter (that's what i keep telling myself anyway)
ReplyDeletek_sunshine1977 at yahoo dot com
I like the newer covers better than the earlier ones, especially Playing Easy To Get - it doesn't look like it belongs in the series.
ReplyDeleteBarbed1951(at)aol(dot)com
You can see where design changes were ordered! After the first one, and then with the last three. I don't like the first one, the middle group covers are ok, but I think the last three are better.
ReplyDeletemeredithfl at gmail dot com
Black and white images are always so striking. The cover looks great!
ReplyDeleteLoc2571(at)live(dot)com
I like the more recent covers that are B&W with color text. They just seem to stand out more.
ReplyDeletethrouthehaze at gmail dot com
I like the newer covers better. My favorite one is a toss-up between Kiss of a Demon King and Deep Kiss of Winter. I'm a sucker for six packs and tattoos.
ReplyDeletemizztuts AT bellsouth DOT net
Wow when you have them side-by-side like this, I kinda wished they'd kept the moon theme?thing?? from the earlier ones. It really tied the various covers together.
ReplyDeleteGosh, so glad I found this giveaway, huge fan. I've been counting down the days for the release!!(Which is funny because these books were on my never touch pile.)
ReplyDeletePersonally I really like the couple covers for the first three books. The studly men on the newer covers seem so predictable, seen it. Plus I like seeing both the guy and the lady! The vibrant colors are another thing I like about earlier covers.
goldeneyeddragon@gmail.com
My favorite is Kiss of a Demon King. I don't care for shirtless or couple covers too much. I like characters clothed.
ReplyDeletelovemybabysquid at yahoo dot com
I think the covers are sexy. Although I like them more when you don't get the full face - leaves more to the imagination.
ReplyDeleteallisonsbj3(at)gmail(dot)com
I like the newer covers. The old ones look a bit dated.
ReplyDeletebacchus76 at myself dot com