*Covers may not be final*
| Out For Blood (Drake Chronicles #3) by Alyxandra Harvey |
| Publication Date/Publisher: November 1st 2010 by Bloomsbury Publishing PLC |
| Cover Artist: N/A |
| Cover Source: Alyxandra Harvey |
| Author Comments: |
My Thoughts: |
| N/A | The intense blue eyes are a nice touch. |
| Previous Book in the Series: |
![]() ![]() |
Book Description:
The Drake Chronicles continues, with a glimpse inside the world of a vampire hunter
Hunter Wild just wants to get through her last year at the secret Helios-Ra Academy. To do so, she’ll have to betray her grandfather, date a vampire and possibly take down the entire League – all before the end of term.
| Blackout (Cal Leandros #6) by Rob Thurman |
| Publication Date/Publisher: March 1st 2011 by Roc |
| Cover Artist: Chris McGrath |
| Cover Source: A Great Book Is The Cheapest Vacation |
| Author Comments: |
My Thoughts: |
| N/A | Chris McGrath’s covers always have a cool, gritty, faded look to them. |
| Previous Book in the Series: |

Book Description:
I was alone, and I was lost. I didn’t know where I was; I didn’t know who I was. It doesn’t get more lost than that. Knowing what I knew and not knowing anything else at all, why would I want to be in the darkness where monsters hide?
Because killers hide there, too…
Half-human Cal Leandros has always walked a bloody line between keeping his mortal soul free and clear (sort of) and unleashing the horror of his otherworldly heritage. The one thing that’s always saved him is the memory of his brother, Niko, his friends, and those he loves.
Until now.
Cal wakes up on a beach littered with the recently slaughtered remains of a variety of hideous creatures that were obviously looking for trouble. The fact that he was the one doing the slaughtering doesn’t bother him. The fact that he feels like a natural-born killer doesn’t either. What bothers him is that Cal doesn’t remember Cal anymore…
And he’s not sure he cares.
| A Hard Day's Knight (Nightshade #11) by Simon R. Green |
| Publication Date/Publisher: January 4th 2011 by Ace Books |
| Cover Artist: N/A |
| Cover Source: Mad Hatter's Bookshelf & Book Review |
| Author Comments: |
My Thoughts: |
| N/A | I like the title font, but otherwise it is forgettable. |
| Previous Book in the Series: |

Book Description:
John Taylor is a P.I. with a special talent for finding lost things in the dark and secret center of London known as the Nightside. He’s also the reluctant owner of a very special—and dangerous—weapon. Excalibur, the legendary sword. To find out why he was chosen to wield it, John must consult the Last Defenders of Camelot, a group of knights who dwell in a place that some find more frightening than the Nightside. London Proper. It’s been years since John’s been back—and there are good reasons for that.
| Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound #2) by Jennifer Ashley |
| Publication Date/Publisher: March 1st 2011 by Berkley Sensation |
| Cover Artist: N/A |
| Cover Source: Escape Between The Pages: |
| Author Comments: |
My Thoughts: |
| Here it is! The final cover art for PRIMAL BONDS, Book 2 of Shifters Unbound. Pub date March 2011 from Berkley. (That's Sean Morrissey there with his big sword.) Does it go with the cover of Book 1? - Jennifer | I would never guess that these books were part of the same series. And I can’t help but think that the huy looks like a super buff Will Ferrell. |
| Previous Book in the Series: |
![]() |

Book Description:
When half-Fae, half-Shifter Andrea Gray flees an abusive would-be mate, the only way she is allowed to relocate to the Austin Shiftertown is if a Shifter there claims her as mate.
Sean Morrissey, the Guardian of his clan and all of Shiftertown, is mateless, lonely, and has a tough job--to send the souls of deceased Shifters into the afterworld. He volunteers to claim her, sight unseen, but doesn't realize that one look at the gray-eyed, dark-haired Andrea will stir the mating frenzy in him. Even though the mate-claim isn't finalized, official, or yet blessed, Sean will do anything to get Andrea into his life and keep her there, forever.
| The Vampire Diaries: Origins (Stefan’s Diaries #1) by Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec |
| Publication Date/Publisher: November 2nd 2010 by HarperTeen |
| Cover Artist: N/A |
| Cover Source: Life After Twilight |
| Author Comments: |
My Thoughts: |
| N/A | Playing up the TV show is very smart. Now if only it was Damon’s diary… |
| Previous Book in the Series: |
| N/A |

Book Description:
Set during the Civil War, against a backdrop of grand estates, unimaginable riches, and deadly secrets, three teenagers in Mystic Falls, Virginia enter a torrid love triangle that will span eternity. Brothers Stefan and Damon Salvatore are inseparable until they meet Katherine, a stunning, mysterious woman who turns their world upside down. Siblings turned rivals, the Salvatores compete for Katherine’s affection, only to discover that her sumptuous silk dresses and glittering gems hide a terrible secret: Katherine is a vampire. And she is intent on turning them into vampires so they can live together — forever.
| Luck of the Wolf (Century Werewolves #6) by Susan Krinard |
| Publication Date/Publisher: November 1st 2010 by HQN Books |
| Cover Artist: N/A |
| Cover Source: Wicked Scribes |
| Author Comments: |
My Thoughts: |
| N/A | I like the warm red and gold colors. |
| Previous Book in the Series: |

Book Description:
N/A










![BloodFeud-NEW2[1][1].JPG](http://www.alyxandraharvey.com/thedrakechronicles_files/image011.jpg)

















Thanks for the covers Abigail. This time around the only standout for me was Rob Thurman's Blackout.
ReplyDeleteGreat Covers! I soooo agree, the man on Primal Bonds reminds me of Will Ferrel (if he were ripped) haha!
ReplyDeleteJen - I'm not blown away by any of these covers, but I still want to read several of them.
ReplyDeleteNatasha - Right? That's going to totally throw me if I read the book :)
Always love the covers for the Cal Leandros series.
ReplyDeleteI keep hoping the Drake Chronicles will get a drastic make over.
Shera - I generally like them too, but this latest one seems lacking somehow...? And I have to agree about the Drake books. I'm not a fan of theses covers.
ReplyDelete