27 August 2010

Cover Art Coverage: 6 new titles!

Sorry for the delay in posting these.  I’m sure you’ve probably seen the Frost and Singh covers already, but hopefully there will be a few new ones you haven’t seen.

*Covers may not be final*

Blood Challenge (World of the Lupi #7) by Eileen Wilks

Publication Date/Publisher: January 4th 2011 from Berkley
Cover Artist: N/A
Cover Source: Wicked Scribes

Author Comments:

My Thoughts:

N/A This is a popular pose for UF covers, but it’s popular for a reason. I love this whole look, especially the smoking gun.

Previous Book in the Series:

Tempting DangerMortal DangerBlood LinesNight SeasonMortal SinsBlood Magic

Book Description:

Ex-cop Lily Yu and werewolf Rule Turner’s engagement announcement is stirring up ugly passions in the Humans First camp. There’s hate mail, followed by death threats. And when a lupus in Tennessee goes on a killing spree, Lily realizes that it’s only the opening skirmish in an all-out war.

 

Accidentally Catty (Accidental Friends #5) by Dakota Cassidy

Publication Date/Publisher: March 1st 2011 from Berkley
Cover Artist: N/A
Cover Source: Escape Between The Pages

Author Comments:

My Thoughts:

N/A Cute, but I’m not a big huge fan of these cartoony style chick-lit covers in general.

Previous Book in the Series:

Book Description:

Katie Woods never thought she’d be forty-one,divorced, and thrust back into the dating world. To start fresh, Katie uproots her veterinary practice to upstate New York—not exactly the hottest dating scene on the planet. But when an unconscious cougar appears at her clinic, Katie’s newly single life gets a much needed jolt of the supernatural kind. After Katie examines the cougar and leaves him caged overnight, she’s shocked to find a big strapping specimen of young, hot man in its place. And when the scratch she got during the exam results in some unnatural side effects, Katie has more to deal with then her animal attraction to a much younger guy—she has to figure how to stop herself from becoming a cougar of the fourlegged variety.

Archangel’s Consort (Guild Hunter #3) by Nalini Singh

Publication Date/Publisher: January 25th 2011 by Berkley Sensation
Cover Artist: Tony Mauro
Cover Source: Nalini Singh's Weblog

Author Comments:

My Thoughts:

I adore this cover!!!! ADORE!! Huge thanks to the Berkley Art Dept. and artist Tony Mauro!! The covers for this series started out okay with the first book, then the second cover was stunning, and this third one is the best yet.  I’m crazy in love the purple wings.

Previous Book in the Series:

Book Description:

When vampire hunter Elena Deveraux became an angel, with magnificent wings the colours of midnight and dawn, it turned her world upside down. Her lover, the stunningly dangerous archangel Raphael, is used to being in control even when it comes to the woman he considers his own.

But Elena has never done well with authority ...especially not when it seems Raphael is the one who needs her help. The archangels may be almost all-powerful, but there are some things that only a Guild Hunter can get done, and Elena and Raphael may be heading for their most dangerous investigation yet.

This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress #5) by Jeaniene Frost

Publication Date/Publisher: February 22nd 2011 by Avon
Cover Artist: Tom Egner
Cover Source: Jeaniene Frost

Author Comments:

My Thoughts:

I’ve wanted gargoyles in the background for AGES, and of course, I always love cemetery settings.  As I mentioned in another post, yes, I know that Bones’s tattoo doesn’t match the description in the book, but if it had, you wouldn’t see it. Also, Cat’s not wearing her ring, but as my editor pointed out, when Cat’s out hunting, she’d leave it at home because she wouldn’t want something happening to it. So that’s why those things differ from the book description, but I am very happy with the cover and stepback. Big shout out to my cover artist, Tom Egner! - Jeaniene Another beauty in this series.  I’m glad Jeaniene finally got her gargoyles, plus the spotlight effect is fantastic.

Previous Book in the Series:

Stepback

Book Description:

N/A

Vicious Grace (The Black Sun’s Daughter #3) by M. L. N. Hanover

Publication Date/Publisher: November 30th 2010 by Pocket
Cover Artist: N/A
Cover Source: Stomping on Yeti

Author Comments:

My Thoughts:

N/A Beyond stunning.  Darker Angels is still my favorite in the series because of the snake, but she’s certainly working the shotgun this time.

Previous Book in the Series:

Unclean SpiritsDarker Angels

Book Description:

The third book in M.L.N Hanover’s bold, highly acclaimed Black Sun’s Daughter series featuring a strong-willed demon hunter and her colorful crew of supernatural helpers.

There’s only one thing wrong with being on top of the world: falling. Jayné Heller has it all. Trusted friends, a gentle lover, a huge fortune, and a mission in life that she inherited from her uncle along with his money and power. But half a century ago a vast and terrible rite took place at Grace Memorial Hospital, and now something under the hospital is knocking against the walls of its coffin. Something huge.With every secret she uncovers, Jayné comes closer to understanding what happened before, but the truth will take away her friends, her lover, the uncle who protected her, and the past she thought she knew.

Real Vampires Have More to Love (Glory St. Claire #6) by Gerry Bartlett

Publication Date/Publisher: December 7th 2010 by Berkley Trade
Cover Artist: N/A
Cover Source: Michelle's Book Blog

Author Comments:

My Thoughts:

N/A Nicely in keeping with the previous covers, but it is a little to cutesy for my taste.

Previous Book in the Series:

Real Vampires Have CurvesReal Vampires Live LargeReal Vampires Get LuckyReal Vampires Don't DietReal Vampires Hate Their Thighs

Book Description:

Glory St. Clair is a vampire with man trouble. Between her on-again, off-again lover Jeremy Blade, smoking hot rock star Ray Caine, and former bodyguard turned apartment mate Valdez, there's enough man-candy around to make even a gal with a liquid diet feel a sugar rush.
Glory's got no time to enjoy it, though, considering that she's in the middle of planning her best friend's wedding. And let's not forget that there happens to be a hit on her head, thanks to when she took out a techno-freak billionaire.
Now, between planning a bachelorette party and dodging stakes, Glory has to decide which man she really wants, before her love life meets an early grave...

9 comments:

  1. Oh my...who is this MLN Hanover and why have I not heard of these books?? Man wowzers on those covers. Not even going to open my trap about those Barlett covers. Lurve the new Archangel's cover...even though I liked ver2 alot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has to be the best cover yet in Wilks series!! Love it.

    Glad to see the Night Huntress series will have another entry!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ParaJunkee - The Black Sun's Daughter books have kind of flown under the radar. The covers are spectacular, I really need to give them a read.

    Shera - I agree that Wilks cover is her best yet. The series art has been all over the place, hopefully they will stick with this new look in the future too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Abigail, you've got some great new covers in this batch.

    That Night Huntress cover seems awfully close to Kim Harrison's Hollows series I think. It's a little too copy-cat for my tastes.

    Ah, I'm glad to see that Nalini Singh's series is staying hot with the artwork. Fortunately the stories inside match the outside.

    I am a big fan of M. L. N. Hanover's Black Sun's Daughters series, which is incidentally written by a dude, Daniel Abraham. The first one was spectacular and the second was very good. I'm hoping that book three brings back a favorite character of mine, but the cover is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca - You are so right about the similarity between the Night Huntress and Hollows cover. We don't see too many gargoyle covers.

    I'm glad to hear Singh's covers match the books. That's another another series I need to start. Ditto with Hanover's series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really liking most of the covers in this post. Archangel's Consort is my favorite of the group.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen D. - Yep, me too. Those purple wings are everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait for the next NH and Accidental Friends books! I hadn't heard of the MLN Hanover's series, but I'm definitely going to be looking it up. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tara - Glad I could add to your TBR pile :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About ATUF

Started in 2009, All Things Urban Fantasy is the place 'Where Para is Normal'. This your one stop for all things Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, Paranormal YA, & select Speculative Fiction titles (Dystopian and Steampunk etc.). Want to know more about ATUF? Read the About page.

If you are an author, publisher, or publicist that would like a book reviewed on this site please Request a Review. All inquires are welcome.

Interviews? Guest blogs? Giveaways? Book Tours? Promotion of any kind? Contact us

Follow ATUF

Current Giveaways

Mouseover for details & click to enter giveaway

More coming soon

See our Giveaway Policy

Upcoming Guests

Want to be a guest? Fill out our Guest Request Form

Recent Comments

Grab Our Button

All Things Urban Fantasy

Sites & Info

Blog Archive

Labels

Copyright Text