Throwdown Thursday is a weekly thing [hosted by The Neverending Shelf] where we tackle books with similar characters, covers, themes, etc. to determine which one rocks more. And it is up to YOU to determine the winner!
Last weeks Throwdown asked: Dead, Undead cover vs. ATUF banner? The verdict was…a draw. Both the cover and the banner got equal votes
I spotted the cover for Yasmine Galenorn’s Night Mist several weeks ago and loved it: A tough looking brunette beauty dressed in dark jeans and a black leather jacket, a tattoo covering her exposed midriff. And then I remembered Adrian Phoenix’s cover for In the Blood and almost did a double take: Another tough looking brunette beauty dressed in dark jeans and a black leather jacket, a tattoo covering her exposed midriff. Yes, the backgrounds are very different, but the wardrobe is almost identical and the models are very similar.
I have to say, even though In the Blood came first, my vote goes to Night Myst. I love the blue moonlight and the scroll detailing on the side of the cover. I think it might be the wolf tattoo that seals it for me. So which do you prefer?
Night Myst vs In the Blood
| Night Myst (Indigo Court, Book 1) by Yasmine Galenorn Product DescriptionEons ago, vampires tried to turn the Dark Fae in order to harness their magic, only to create a demonic enemy more powerful than they imagined. Now Myst, the Vampiric Fae Queen of the Indigo Court, has enough power to begin a long prophesied supernatural war. And Cicely Waters, a witch who can control the wind, may be the only one who can stop her-and save her beloved Fae prince from the Queen's enslavement.
| In the Blood: Book Two of the Maker's Song by Adrian Phoenix Available now Product Description
DANTE LIVES. Vampire. Rock star. Begotten son of the fallen angel Lucien. Dante Baptiste still struggles with nightmares and seizures, searching for the truth about his past. It is a quest as seductive as his kiss, as uncontrollable as his thirst, and as unforgiving as his determination to protect one mortal woman at any cost. KNOWLEDGE KILLS. FBI Special Agent Heather Wallace now knows the extent of the Bureau corruption that surrounds her, but worries she is losing the battle. And when Dante and his band Inferno come to Seattle on tour, Heather can't help but be drawn back to the beautiful, dangerous nightkind. But what Heather and Dante don't know is that new enemies lurk in the shadows, closer than they think...and even deadlier than they fear. DESTINY UNFOLDS. Shadowy government forces have pledged to eliminate all loose ends from Project Bad Seed -- and Heather and Dante are at the top of the list. Elsewhere, the Fallen gather in Gehenna, intent on finding their long-awaited savior, the True Blood nightkind whom Lucien DeNoir would die to protect. And a damaged and desperate adversary, with powers as strange and perilous as Dante's own, plots to use Dante as a pawn in a violent scheme for revenge. But only one of these lethal forces holds the key to Dante's past -- a key that could finally unlock the secret of his birth and the truth of his existence...or destroy him completely.
|
Have you got an idea for a Throwdown? Contact me





















I'm going with Night Myst. The girl on the cover looks a little edgier.
ReplyDeleteI'm going with Night Myst too - the girl looks reading to kick some butt and has freaky eyes. I like the background setting more than In the Blood too.
ReplyDeleteI'll go with the Gaelnorn one. :) I like that tat, like you said.
ReplyDeleteNight Myst for me too, Yasmine has the darker edgier cover and know the book is going to be like the others written by her so pick the cover because of that also. The wolf tat is also a better pick for this model too.
ReplyDeleteThanks for this one Abigail, fun as always...
jackie b central texas
Another vote for Night Myst too. Like you said, the scroll detailing really adds to the effect. I really enjoyed the moonlight and the forest background. The chick on that cover just fits in with her surroundings a lot better and seems like she would kick a lot more ass.
ReplyDeletePlus, I'm not really feeling the trench coat on the other chick.
Night Myst has my vote. I just like the girl more for some reason and the background image is more to my liking =)
ReplyDeleteGreat observations about the covers Abigail!
I like the chick on Night Myst better ;)
ReplyDelete