Source: Wicked Scribes
Title: Vampires Not Invited (Night Tracker #3)
Author: Cheyenne McCray
Release Date:
Artist: N/A
Author Comments: N/A
My Thoughts:
I feel like I’ve seen this exact image on another book…It is striking though.

Book Description:
Vampire attacks are on the rise in the city that never sleeps. So why is half-human, half-Drow private eye Nyx tracking down Sprites? Sure, these “young bloods” are causing mischief all over town—like painting the Statue of Liberty’s toenails neon pink. But it’s not until Nyx finds herself at the Pit, Manhattan’s hottest nightclub for paranorms, that she understands what she’s really up against…
Seems Master Vampire Volod has a plan—and the Sprites are in on it. By targeting the weaknesses of every paranorm in the city, from Elves to Shifters to Zombies, Volod and his fang gang aim to rule the night once and for all. Over Nyx’s dead body. She loves a good challenge—and she will seduce danger at every turn to throw Volod off course. It’s time for Nyx to enter the beating heart of this dark conspiracy…before driving a stake through it
Previous Books in Series:
Source: Wicked Scribes
Title: The Unbearable Lightness of Dragons (Light Dragons #2)
Author: Katie MacAlister
Release Date: N/A
Artist: N/A
Author Comments:
“I think you'll agree that the art guys at Penguin Putnam did just as an outstanding job for it as they did for Baltic I. I can't wait to see what the stepback cover (the inner image) will look like.
Until then, enjoy this cover, although please note that it's not finalized. Stuffs may change about it (particularly the tag line)”
My Thoughts:
Um…Wow. These covers are amongst my favorite nekkid man covers :) The tattoos, the colors…awesome!

Book Description:
N/A
Previous Books in Series:

Source: /- LA FEMME READERS -/
Title: The Dark And Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth #3)
Author: Carrie Ryan
Release Date: March 22, 2011
Artist: N/A
Author Comments: N/A
My Thoughts:
*Not Yet Final* All her covers have a beautiful melancholy about them. Lovely.

Book Description:
Annah knows she has a twin sister, but she forgot her long ago. Back when they went to play in the Forest of Hands and Teeth, she and Elias lost her, and after that there was no going back to the village. Life's been hard, but Elias has taken care of her, and living in the Dark City can help one to forget the horror of the Unconsecrated—if you try hard enough. But when Elias disappears, Annah's world crumbles. To her, life isn't worth much more than the walking dead who roam the wasted world she lives in. It's not until she meets Catcher that she cares to start living again. Yet Catcher has secrets. Dark, terrifying secrets that link him to a past she's longed to forget and to a future too deadly to consider. Annah must decide: Can she continue to live a world covered in the blood of the living? Or is death the answer to all her problems?
Previous Books in Series:

Source: Dark Faerie Tales
Title: Unearthly
Author: Cynthia Hand
Release Date: January 4, 2011
Artist: N/A
Author Comments: N/A
My Thoughts:
Beautiful script, and I like the feather, but she kind of looks like she’s just going to prom…

Book Description:
In this first book of a thrilling trilogy about angels, one girl must choose between fulfilling her Purpose and following her heart.
Clara has known she was part–angel ever since she turned fourteen two years ago. But now she is finally getting visions of what her Purpose—a rite of passage for every part–angel—is to be, and it happens to involve a gorgeous guy. Of course, there is the raging forest fire surrounding them, too. When Clara’s Purpose leads her family to Wyoming, Clara finds the boy of her visions, Christian, but complicating her mission are her growing feelings for another guy, Tucker. As the day in her visions draws closer, Clara discovers that her Purpose may play into a larger struggle between angels and Black Wings—fallen angels who spread sadness and misery wherever they go. But when the fire erupts and both Christian and Tucker are in danger, who will she choose to save?
Previous Books in Series:
N/A
Source: Bloody Bookaholic
Title: Angel (Maximum Ride #7)
Author: James Patterson
Release Date: February 14, 2011
Artist: N/A
Author Comments: N/A
My Thoughts:
I have yet to read this series and I doubt I would start based on this cover. And where are the wings?

Book Description:
In the seventh book in the bestselling series, evil scientists are still trying to convince Max that she needs to save the world, this time by providing the genetic link in speeding up the pace of evolution. Worse, they're trying to convince her that her perfect mate is Dylan, the newest addition to the flock. The problem is that, despite herself, Max is starting to believe it.
Fang travels the country collecting his own gang of evolved humans, but the two separate flocks must unite to defeat a frightening doomsday cult whose motto is Save the Planet: Kill the Humans. And this time, the true heroine, for once, might just be little Angel.
Previous Books in Series:
Source: Bloody Bookaholic
Title: Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy #6)
Author: Richelle Mead
Release Date: December 7, 2010
Artist: N/A
Author Comments:
”Last Sacrifice will be the last book about Rose, but it'll be followed by a spin-off series still set in the Vampire Academy world. Side characters we know from the current series will now be our main characters, and there'll be a whole new storyline (not the last one told from a different perspective). So far, there is no title or release date info for the new series. Expect it in 2012.”
My Thoughts:
I’ve never been blown away by the covers for this series, but having just started reading them, I don’t mind. The books are excellent regardless.

Book Description:
Murder.
Love.
Jealousy.
And the ultimate sacrifice.
Now, with Rose on trial for her life and Lissa first in line for the Royal Throne, nothing will ever be the same between them.
Previous Books in Series:
Source: Teens Read and Write
Title: A Touch Mortal
Author: Leah Clifford
Release Date: February 2011
Artist: N/A
Author Comments: N/A
My Thoughts:
I like it. But I like the description better.

Book Description:
Death isn't what Eden expected. Where the hell is her release? Her quiet ending? Not that Eden remembers the details of her final hours, but one thing is for sure--becoming a sider, trapped between life and death, was definitely not part of the plan...
For Eden, nothing seems to be coming easy. There's no way of telling what will happen when her fingertips graze human skin. The power that builds inside her, Touch, strips away morals and logic.
Some people only feel a high; others are overcome by their darkest thoughts.
But honestly there's not much time for her to worry about her effect on mere mortals. She's got her own drama. Somehow, word's gotten around that her Touch can kill her own kind. With desperate siders already camping out on her doorstep, the last thing Eden needs is the rumor to spread. Especially since it's true...
A TOUCH MORTAL is the first of a planned trilogy.
Previous Books in Series:
N/A






















You're right about the McCray book. I feel like I've seen it before too. I think the back shot is just somewhat common. A few of Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan covers are like that.
ReplyDeleteA Touch Mortal sounds good!
ReplyDeleteI don't know if I like Katie MacAlister's Love in the Time of Dragons or The Unbearable Lightness of Dragons cover more. They are both great.
ReplyDeleteStephanie G
Paranormal Haven
Bethany - The back shot is popular, but I still think I've seen that exact cover before. Well, if I find it I post it :)
ReplyDeleteRebs - I'm intrigued by it too, plus the title is great.
Paranormal Haven - I'd give the edge to Love in the Time of Dragons, but they are both gorgeous.
omg i cant wait for the 3rd carrie ryan book. ive read dead tossed waves and the forest of hands and teeth and theyre amazing D: CANT WAIT CANT WAIT. lol >.>
ReplyDeleteoops posted the same thing twice. sorry, hit the button twice on accident >.<
ReplyDelete