**Visit Tynga’s Reviews today for her PSF Interview & Giveaway with Cassandra Clare author of CLOCKWORK ANGEL**
On August 31, 2010 Cassandra Clare is releasing one of the most highly anticipated books of the year: the first book in The Infernal Devices series, CLOCKWORK ANGEL. It is a prequel to the phenomenally bestselling The Mortal Instruments series which I described this way: “If Harry Potter and Wicked Lovely had a book baby it would be City of Bones.” Have you read The Mortal Instruments yet? Do you want to? The fantastic people at Simon & Schuster have provided a special giveaway for Paranormal Summer Fest to promote Cassandra and get everyone ready for the prequel: 3 winners will each get a complete The Mortal Instruments box set (which includes hardcover copies of City of Bones, City of Ashes, and City of Glass) as well as a posters! See details below.
It was London, 1878. Sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray's priority should be finding her brother, not falling in love, especially with two boys. She is soon caught in a dangerous love triangle where a wrong decision could prove fatal. Tessa will need all her strength to save her brother and stay alive.
Without a doubt, The Mortal Instrument US covers are among the most striking and beautiful that the Paranormal YA genre has ever produced:

Some of the foreign covers are a bit more hit and miss for me. The Czech cover (middle blue one with Jace holding a knife) looks like a weird kung fu cover from the 70’s. Seriously check out his hair, is that a comb over? The German covers ( the green, red, and blue bottom trio) are much better, but still inferior to the US versions.
Do you have a preference? The US or the foreign covers? (to see more foreign covers visit The Mortal Instruments website). Let me know in the comments.






Giveaway
Giveaway courtesy of Simon & Schuster
Three (3) Box Sets of The Mortal Instruments Series (City of Bones, City of Ashes, and City of Glass) by Cassandra Clare & Three (3) 14 x 9'” posters
Book Description
In City of Bones, fifteen-year-old Clary Fray is introduced to the world of the Shadowhunters, a secret cadre of warriors dedicated to driving demons out of our world. And she's introduced with a vengeance, when Clary's mother disappears and Clary herself is almost killed by a grotesque monster sent by the evil and powerful Shadowhunter, Valentine. How could a mere human survive such an attack.
In the second novel, City of Ashes, Clary just wants her life to go back to normal--but that turns out to be impossible. For one thing, her mother is still in the hospital, in a mysterious coma. For another, she and her newfound brother Jace have fallen under a cloud of suspicion now that the Shadowhunter world knows that Valentine is still alive--and that Jace and Clary are his son and daughter. Then Clary's best friend Simon is turned into a vampire and kidnapped by Valentine, who intends to sacrifice him as part of a bloody ritual that will make the Mortal Instruments Valentine's forever.
In book three, City of Glass, Clary has to use all her ingenuity and newfound magical skills to get herself to the Glass City in Idris, the secretive Shadowhunters' home country, where she is forbidden to go--for it is only there that she can find the cure to the enchanted sleeping sickness to which her mother has succumbed. When Valentine attacks the city and destroys the demon towers, Clary and her allies are all that stand between him and the total annihilation of all Shadowhunters. Love is a mortal sin and the past tangles inextricably with the present as Clary and Jace face down their father in the final installment of the Mortal Instruments series.
- Open US only
- Fill out the form below
- Entries for all Paranormal Summer Fest giveaways must be received by Midnight MST on July 4th. All the giveaways winners will be announced on July 6th.
I would greatly appreciate if you shared this giveaway on your blog or favorite social networks. Thanks!
Interested in offering a giveaway on All Things Urban Fantasy? CONTACT ME




















I can't thank you enough for doing this Paranormal Summer spree. You rock!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the awesome giveaway!! Crossing my fingers on this one!
ReplyDeletegreat giveaway.
ReplyDeleteFantastic contest, and my vote goes to the US covers. More vibrant, sexy and decidely paranormal/fantasy.
ReplyDeleteBest giveaway ever! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteThe UK covers are beautiful :) but they didn't release it for the third book, so I have the first and second in glorious matchingness and the third doesn't match.
ReplyDeleteAt all.
Which sucks.
Know what else sucks? US entry only. Nevermind, good luck everyone :)
Thanks so much for the giveaway! I have to agree that the US covers are the best.
ReplyDeleteI think they evoke the theme and personality of the books better than the foreign ones you posted!
This is an awesome giveaway. I definitely have to go with tue US covers. Mainly because they're amazing, but also because the cover is what originally caught my attention and made me end up buying the first fabulous book in the series.
ReplyDeleteFantastic giveaway! I think the US covers are beautiful, and what's up with the Czech cover, it's weird.
ReplyDeleteI am loving this giveaway. I will add it to my Contest Bar post for this Friday! Thank you! :D
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for holding the Paranormal Summer Fest. I loved the interviews and the giveaways. I looked forward to stopping by everyday to see what you and Tynga's Reviews offered and who you were interviewing. This was great, Thanks again!
ReplyDeleteLoving Paranormal Summer Fest. I Think US and UK usually have the best covers for this series I like the US covers.
ReplyDeleteThat is an amazing giveaway!!!! I'd love to have the box set!
ReplyDeleteI really like the US covers for these books.
This is such an amazing giveaway! I'm floored at the generosity! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteWow. Awesome giveaway!
ReplyDeleteI love the US covers! Thank You for the awesome giveaway!!
ReplyDeleteEnter... Enter... Enter!!
ReplyDeleteYes, I am definitely entering.
I agree the US covers ROCK! The other are not so great looking. Really plain if you ask me. I wonderful what those places think about the US covers.
Thank you Simon & Schuster for this wicked giveaway! You continue publishing excellent books and I will keep on reading them!=)
;)) BTW, what a spectacular way to end PSF!!!
ReplyDeleteALOoOOoOoha!
I like the US covers. Can't wait for Clockwork Angel!
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting such a great contest! Hope I win! bevsharp@desch.org
ReplyDeleteI would love to read this set. I have not read any of the books and they do sound very good.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the opportunity to enter.
misskallie2000 at yahoo dot com