**Visit Tynga’s Reviews today for her PSF Giveaway for 2 more copies of CLAIRE DE LUNE by Christine Johnson & a Guest Blog & Giveaway with Kristie Cook author of PROMISE**
Earlier this summer, debut author Christine Johnson released her Paranormal YA novel CLAIRE DE LUNE about a girl who finds out she’s a werewolf in a world where all werewolves are female. I love female shapeshifters so I jumped at the chance when the fabulous people at Simon & Schuster offered 2 copies as a giveaway for Paranormal Summer Fest. Details below.
Females Who Get Furry:
Since in most books werewolves tend to be male more often then not, I thought we could list at a few favorite females who get furry (several werewolves, a walker, a werehyena beastkin, and a werecat) in case you haven’t read them:
- Kitty Norville (from Carrie Vaughn’s Kitty Norville series)
- Mercy Thompson (from Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson series)
- Anna Cornick (from Patricia Briggs Alpha & Omega series)
- Elena Michaels (from Kelley Armstrong’s Otherworld series
- Andrea Nash (from Ilona Andrews’ Kate Daniels series)
- Faythe Sanders (from Rachel Vincent’s Shifters series)
Leave a comment telling me: Who is your favorite furry female? Can you add to this list?
Giveaway
Giveaway courtesy of Simon and Schuster
Two (2) copies of CLAIRE DE LUNE by Christine Johnson
Book Description
Hanover Falls hasn’t had a werewolf problem in over one hundred years. Seattle, Copenhagen, Osaka–they’ve had plenty of attacks. But when humans begin dying in Claire Benoit’s town, the panic spreads faster than a rumor at a pep rally. At Claire’s sixteenth birthday party, the gruesome killings are all anyone can talk about. But the big news in Claire’s mind is the fact that Matthew Engle–high-school soccer god and son of a world-renowned lycanthropy expert–notices her. And flirts with her. A lot.
That night, Claire learns that she is the latest in a long line of Benoit werewolves, and that contrary to popular belief, all werewolves are female. Killing humans is forbidden by the code of the pack, but a rogue werewolf has been breaking that law, threatening the existence of Claire’s new pack. As the pack struggles to find and fight the rogue werewolf and Claire struggles with her lupine identity, her heart and her loyalties are torn in two. Claire must keep her new life a secret from even her best friend–and especially from Matthew, whose father is leading the werewolf hunt…and with whom Claire is impossibly and undeniably falling head-over-paws in love.
Click HERE to read an excerpt from CLAIRE DE LUNE
GIVEAWAY GUIDELINES
- Open US only
- Fill out the form below
- Entries for all Paranormal Summer Fest giveaways must be received by Midnight MST on July 4th. All the giveaways winners will be announced on July 6th.
I would greatly appreciate if you shared this giveaway on your blog or favorite social networks. Thanks!
Interested in offering a giveaway on All Things Urban Fantasy? CONTACT ME




















You've listed all my favorites!
ReplyDeleteI haven't read rachel Vincent's work yet, but I like all the author authors and their furry characters. I also enjoy (for light, fun, fluffy reading) Shelly Laurenston's shifter works.
ReplyDeleteI love all things shifter. My favs from this list are Patricia Brigg's Mercy and Anna and Carrie Vaughn's Kitty. Love Shelly Laurentson's shifters also. A few others I can think of are Keri Arthur's Riley Jensen (a werewolf/vampire), and Delilah from Yasmine Galenorn's Sisters of the Moon series (she's a werecat - usually a tabby, though sometimes something bigger).
ReplyDeleteI love all things shifter. My favs from this list are Patricia Brigg's Mercy and Anna and Carrie Vaughn's Kitty. Love Shelly Laurentson's shifters also. A few others I can think of are Keri Arthur's Riley Jensen (a werewolf/vampire), and Delilah from Yasmine Galenorn's Sisters of the Moon series (she's a werecat - usually a tabby, though sometimes something bigger).
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Faythe and Mercy, I also have Kitty and Ilona's on my TBR shelf =)
ReplyDeleteMan, you've listed all my favorites! Let's see, I like Lake from Jennifer Lynn Barnes recent release Raised by Wolves. She's not the leading lady though, but she still rocks hard! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the great giveaway and opportunity to enter.
ReplyDeletemisskallie2000 at yahoo dot com
Amazing picks for the shifters. This just solidifies the reason why I love your blog ;)
ReplyDeleteMy fav out of them all? I'm gonna have to stick with Mercy. I love Anna, but Mercy's Mercy.
You have listed some great heroines. My favorite is Keri Arthur's Riley Jensen. :)
ReplyDeleteThe only other one not listed that I could think of has been mentioned in a comment - Riley Jenson - who is my favorite shifter by the way.
ReplyDeleteTina - Well then you have great taste!
ReplyDeleteAnne - I'll have to check out Shelly Laurenston. Thanks for the recommendation :)
JenM - thanks for throwing in Riley and Delilah, I've not read them yet but I'm looking forward to starting them soon.
Tynga - I keep telling you to start the Kate Daniels series. You will hate yourself for waiting this long :)
Brook - I didn't get to mention any YA series and there are so many. CLAIRE DE LUNE, RAISED, and OTHER (which I'll be giving away this week) also BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE...
misskallie2000 - You bet!
Tori - Mercy is hard to beat, I think I have to pick her as my fav too. And thanks for the kind words :)
CrystalGB - Another shout out for Riley. I really need to read those.
Barbara E. - More Riley. Seriously I'm feeling left out. I'm adding them to my list right now :)
I'm totally enjoying PSF! Thanks. : )
ReplyDeleteI loved the Riley Jensen series and was sorry to see it end, but the good news is that anyone starting it now doesn't have to wait for new books LOL. Oh and another female shifter was in Keri Arthur's book Mercy Kills, which featured a sea-dragon shifter. It didn't get that much press, but I liked it. It's more PNR though, whereas Riley is definitely UF.
ReplyDeleteI love all those and out of those Anna and Mercy my favorite. But one of my favorites is Shelly Laurenston shifters. Sara is my favorite of hers. That story is in her book Pack Challenge.
ReplyDeleteYay, these are all some of my fav female shifters!
ReplyDeleteOh and I loved Destiny in Keri Arthur's Destiny Kills--how awesome is a Dragon shapeshifter! Also, Luna, a werewolf, from Night Life by Caitlin Kittredge. Buying Trouble by Karen Chance, in On The Prowl anthology were Claire finds out she's a dragon shifter.
And for YA I really liked Keller, a panther shapeshifter, from L.J. Smith's Witchlight in Night World #3. Danica, an avian shapeshifter in Hawksong by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. Max from Maximum Ride by James Patterson (ok, not really shifters, but they have wings, so there). Oh, and Vivian, a werewolf, from Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause.
I can't say I have a favorite female shifter because they are all so different I really love them all. Patricia Briggs has two shifters and even they are totaly different. I love both Mercy and Anna, I also love Jane Yellowrock she is a character that is two in one human and cat, well really she can shift into any animal but usually a lion I believe. Faith Hunter is the author of this series. There are a lot of female shifter books out there but they aren't all a series or if they are in a series maybe that female is only in one book. However, I'm a little confused, Kate Daniels hasn't shifted into an animal in the two books by Ilona Andrews that I have read, Curran is the one that shifts. I haven't had the pleasure of ready Kelley Armstrong, Rachel Vincent, or Carrie Vaughn's shifter series although they are on my TBR list and I may have one or two books just not the first ones, but I will.
ReplyDeleteI heart Faythe! She cracks me up :)
ReplyDeleteChrista - Awesome! thank you.
ReplyDeleteJenM - a sea-dragon shifter? Okay I'm definitely reading that.
Pamk - Another mention for Shelly. I'm super curious now :)
Adelina - What a pretty name :) And they are my favs too! Thanks for adding some more to our list.
SilverWolf - The shifter in the Kate Daniels series is Kate's best friend Andrea. She plays a bigger role later in the books. I hope you love the other series when you read them :)
The Book Vixen - THAT"S THE SERIES i still need to start. I have Stray just begging to be read :)
@ Pamk-- I agree I love Sara.... Shelley's books in this series is very quick and a light read! I read all the books in the series in a couple of days!
ReplyDeleteAbigail-- you've mentioned my favs up there!
But I'd like to add Runa in Book 2 of the Demonica series: Desire Unchained. Also, Vivian from Blood and chocolate!