07 May 2010

Linda Howard and vampires.  I don’t know if I can think of a better combination.  If you’ve never read any of Linda Howard’s novels (I’ve read most of them) prepare to get hooked and start stalking used bookstores for her out of print titles (I’ve done that too). I can’t wait to read this new one myself which means my review will be up soon.  Thanks to the fine folks at Random House, one of you will get a shiny new copy of her latest book, BLOOD BORN, which she co-wrote with Linda Jones (she’s a new author to me).

Giveaway courtesy of Random House

One copy of BLOOD BORN by Linda Howard & Linda Jones

image

Book Description

When the human and the vampire worlds collide, there will be hell to pay.

Luca Ambrus is a rare breed: vampire from birth, begotten by vampire parents, blood born. He is also an agent of the Council—the centuries-old cabal that governs vampirekind, preserving their secrecy and destroying those who betray them.

When a cryptic summons leads him to the scene of the brutal killing of a powerful Council member, Luca begins the hunt for an assassin among his own people. But instead of a lone killer he discovers a sinister conspiracy of rogue vampires bent on subjugating the mortal world.

All that stands in their way are the conduits, humans able to channel spirit warriors into the physical world to protect mankind. Chloe Fallon is a conduit—and a target of the vampire assassin who’s killing them. When Luca saves her life, an irresistible bond of trust—along with more passionate feelings—is forged between them. As more victims fall, Chloe and Luca have only each other to depend on to save the world from the reign of monsters—and salvage their own future together.

GIVEAWAY GUIDLINES

  1. Open to US only
  2. Leave a comment telling me which famous vampire you’d want protecting you (please log in with your comment if you want me to contact you if you win).
  3. Entries must be received by Midnight MST on May 15th.  Winner will be announced in a post on May 16th.

I’d love it if you took a second to share this giveaway.  Thanks!


Interested in offering a giveaway on All Things Urban Fantasy?  CONTACT ME

54 comments:

  1. Devereux, form Linda Hilburn Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist Series

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Heart Book GossipMay 7, 2010 at 6:52 AM

    I would want Eric from Truw Blood to protect me. Or vice versa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't mind Bones from Jeanine Frost series protecting me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This morning, I'd have to pick one of the Black Dagger Brotherhood (either V or Butch), with Jean-Claude as my alternate. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a tough one but I would choose Jacob from Joey W. Hill's vampire series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's easy . . . Spike!!  He'd be a great protector, funny and hella sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stefan from the Mercy Thompson series please!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zsadist from The Black Dagger Brotherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's funny you ask because I actually answered this question in a review I did. I'd want Cade from Blood Oath! But if I was choosing for capable and totally hot I'd pick Bones (Night Huntress series).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gabriel from Molly Harper's Nice Girls series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. JR Ward's Zsadist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tough question! Recently, I've been falling in love with Eric from the Sookie Stackhouse novels. He's a really old vampire, so he's strong and would be a great protector. He's also sarcastic and funny, which are always nice qualities in a vampire. :)

    Kelsey
    krae991 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tough question.  But I really think I would have to go with Eric from the Sookie Stackhouse series. 

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will go with a Joey W Hill vampire too and pick Devlin from A Vampire's Claim.  Devlin is smart, sexy, strong, has a sense of humor and a very sexy Aussie accent!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tara SG (25 Hour Books)May 7, 2010 at 1:21 PM

    Wow this book looks good!

    Eric from the SVM! But I'm just starting the BDB so maybe that will change in the next few weeks...

    Tara SG (contact@taraSG.com)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd pick Angel from the Buffy / Angel series to protect me.  He was always so dedicated to protecting the vulnerable, I think he'd be great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I suppose I cannot choose Edward. Is he famous?

    I woukd choose Acheron, but he is a god. Hmmm... I know! The sexy one from Moonlight!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love Bones and Cat to protect me! They kick butt!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love to have Bones or Zarak from the dark hunters to protect me. the are two sexy vamps.
    scrtsbpal at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. O thats an easy one hands down Eric Northman from "The Sookie Stackhouse Series" and "TruBlood". Do I even need to explain no.....but I will. He is sooo darn fine and sexy. Plus he originally was a viking warrior so he can protect me anytime he wants. And have you seen his butt on the Tv show Im just saying... muscles everywhere!!!

    Hot87Tamale(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd have to go with Bones. He's so very protective of Cat. If he were mine, he'd never let anyone get near me. 

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would want Wrath from the Black Dagger Brotherhood series to protect me.

    cindyc725 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would want Kyrian or Talon (from Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series) protecting me! I was going to say LeStat or Louis but they were a little less than dependable! LOL

    Thank you for this giveaway. I have read LH murder/suspense but not a paranormal. Please contact me -  islandgirl33774 at yahoo.com 

    ReplyDelete
  24. Angus MacKay(from the Love at Stake series by Kerrelyn Sparks). He's a Highland Warrior who knows how to fight :)
    throuthehaze at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. i'd be torn between bones from jeanie frost's series and mircea from karen chance's world of cassie palmer.  tough call!

    k_sunshine1977@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Eric from the Southern Vampire series.  Especially as he's evolved and gotten more approachable in later books.  I wouldn't say, "No thanks" to any of the vamps in the Kerrelyn Sparks series either. 

    ReplyDelete
  27. I wouldn't need a vampire but I'm entering for my wife. She says Dante from <span>When Darkness Comes, Guardians of Eternity, Book 1 was one of her favorites.</span>
    <span></span>
    <span>jeff72768@yahoo.com</span>

    ReplyDelete
  28. Won't let me log in with twitter, I get a blank screen. But there's so many vampires to choose from. I liked Christopher Marlowe from Kiss Me Forever.

    shundelt@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'd want LKH's Jean-Claude.  He's powerful in every way, and is still capable of caring.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'd want Jack McShane from the Savannah Vampire series by Raven Hart.

    cheleooc at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sarah (My World of Books)May 10, 2010 at 11:39 AM

    I am going to say Bones! He is just an amazing strategist and he gets the job done! It would be helpful if I was related to Cat cause then he would really be motivated to protect me :)

    And it won't let me login. I tried google, blogger, and twitter. :(

    srhgrz12@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would love Bones to protect me too!

    I wasn't able to log in from google.

    dreamerlpme@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I would have to say that Angel would be the vampire that I would want to protect me.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have to say Eric from Sookie's world.  But if Kisten was not a dead undead he would probably be the one. 

    ReplyDelete
  35. Yesenia HernandezMay 11, 2010 at 6:44 PM

    No contest. I'd pick Zsadist from Black Dagger Brotherhood. He'd take care of my and sing to me when the nightmares get to be too much. He'd be my guardian angel in black leathers.  8-)  

    ReplyDelete
  36. There's too many!  I think I want... Murdoch from Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series... no... NO I want Layel from The Vampire's Bride by Gena Showalter.

    Yeah. I want him to protect me :)

    xlilangeltorix[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is one TOUGH question, but I have to go with either Bones for the Night Huntress series, or Zsadist from Black Dagger Brotherhood!  8-)

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is a tough one, I love all my vampire heroes. Edward is my favorite for sure, but a close second is Zadist from BDB.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'd love to borrow Jean Claude from Anita!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I would love for Edward form twilight to protect me <3

    ReplyDelete
  41. I thin as of now is Edward but I know that will change when I really another great vampire series.

    kalynnick AT yahoo DOT

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'd pick Hellsing to protect me. Anime counts right?

    ReplyDelete
  43. I want Stephan from Mercy Thompson series to rescue me!

    Thanks
    chichai_hana at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I would want Vlad from Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series protecting me.


    Skk25@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Vampire John Wright from "Love Fang" by Susan Blexrud. Intelligent, super-sexy, and eternally devoted!

    gcwhiskas at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Bones from Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series. Not only is he a sexy bad-ass, but he's also hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thats tough, but because everyone chose Bones or Eric, I will have to say Damon from Vampire Diaries! That is one sexy, tough vampire!!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. It would have to be Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wrath from JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood.

    forwhlz at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  50. That is a tough decision when there are so many I love but I have to go with Bones in The Night Huntress series by Jeanine Frost.

    sadler1279@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I would choose Jean Claude from the Anita Blake series because he is not only a kick ass vampire when he needs to be but also hot!
    Plus he's got mucho backup.


    maria63303@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. It would have to be either Dimitri from the Vampire Academy series (woof!) or Edward from Twilight...both are the epitome (IMO) of hottie vampires who'll do anything to protect those they love!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Any of JR Ward's Brotherhood vamps do it for me!

    alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About ATUF

Started in 2009, All Things Urban Fantasy is the place 'Where Para is Normal'. This your one stop for all things Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, Paranormal YA, & select Speculative Fiction titles (Dystopian and Steampunk etc.). Want to know more about ATUF? Read the About page.

If you are an author, publisher, or publicist that would like a book reviewed on this site please Request a Review. All inquires are welcome.

Interviews? Guest blogs? Giveaways? Book Tours? Promotion of any kind? Contact us

Follow ATUF

Current Giveaways

Mouseover for details & click to enter giveaway

More coming soon

See our Giveaway Policy

Upcoming Guests

Want to be a guest? Fill out our Guest Request Form

Recent Comments

Grab Our Button

All Things Urban Fantasy

Sites & Info

Blog Archive

Labels

Copyright Text