Giveaway provided by Pocket Books
3 copies of SUMMONING THE NIGHT by Jenn Bennett
Available on April 24, 2012 by Pocket Books
Description:
MAGICAL TRICKS. DEMONIC TREATS.
After narrowly escaping her fate as a sacrificial scapegoat, Arcadia Bell is back to normal. Or at least as ordinary as life can be for a renegade magician and owner of a tiki bar that caters to Earthbound demons. She's gearing up for the busiest day of the year--Halloween--when a vengeful kidnapper paralyzes the community. The influential head of the local Hellfire Club taps Cady to track down the fiendish bogeyman, and now that she's dating red-hot Lon Butler, the Club's wayward son, she can hardly say no.
Cady and Lon untangle a gruesome thirty-year trail of clues that points to danger for the club members' children. But locating the person behind the terror will require some metaphysical help from Cady's loyal bar patrons as well as her potent new Moonchild powers--and she'd better figure it out before the final victim disappears and her own darkest secret becomes her biggest enemy.
Enter the giveaway via the widget below
Interested in offering a giveaway on All Things Urban Fantasy? Fill out our form




















Not that I can recall anyway...
ReplyDeleteOnce when I went to a magic shop.
ReplyDeleteAlexandra
I'm sure I have, but I can't recall a specific instance.
ReplyDeleteI've been baffled by some of tehmagic tricks they show on TV.
ReplyDeleteI saw David Copperfield live, and I have to admit, a few of the things he did left me perplexed as to how he did it!
ReplyDeleteYes and it was my husband performing it! He wouldn't tell me how it was done and I didn't speak to him for the rest of the day. I'm not a very good loser!
ReplyDeletenot exactly.. since i'm not a fan of magic show, i never pay attention to the tricks
ReplyDeleteI've never been bafffled by a magic act... but I would love to see a good one! I love reading about magic though :)
ReplyDeleteNo I haven't since I haven't really seen any tricks. Tore923@aol.com
ReplyDeletesome magic on tv shows of course! They make it look totally real! ;))
ReplyDeleteI'm gullible and not very observant so I'm often clueless when it comes to things like magic tricks (or maybe I read too many paranormals so I'm more willing to suspend disbelief LOL?)
ReplyDeleteNo, I've never been to a magic show.
ReplyDeletehmmmm, I've seen this guy on the Ellen show, and I would love to know how he does his tricks, but he's a big timer in Vegas :) in person, I've never seen anything like that but it's still cool LOL
ReplyDeleteAs much as I hate to admit this I have to say that I'm baffled by almost all magic tricks (unless the person is a really, really bad magician).
ReplyDeleteAll magic tricks baffle me. ADHD - I must be easy to distract. Oh look! A shiny new book to read!
ReplyDeleteIm not baffled by them, just more curious to how they are done
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely, all of David Copperfield's illusions stump me.
ReplyDeleteI've never been baffled by a magic trick. I have the innate belief that magic does not exist, which is too bad b/c that would be awesome.
ReplyDeleteI saw David Copperfield one minute he was on the stage and the next he was a couple of rows behind me, couldn't figure it out!
ReplyDeleteI've been baffled by a few magic tricks that I've seen done on tv, never been to an actual magic show
ReplyDeleteI'm always baffled by magic tricks, mostly because I'm not a creative thinker (it's embarrassing but true). Everytime there's a Chris Angel special on TV I wonder how he does it! I'd love to see a Penn and Teller show, since they debunk a lot of magic tricks.
ReplyDeleteyes and still now , my uncle used to do magic tricks when he was younger and while I was growing up, he would show us different type of magic tricks, it still surprise me and takes my breath away when he does some of them, I never bother to ask how he does it because it might crush my heart if he tells me how. I would like to keep to myself that somethings just cant be explain and that magic does exist, that and illusions too. You know what they say, what the eyes see and the ear's hears the mind believes.
ReplyDeleteYes, I'm often baffled by magic tricks.
ReplyDeletewhoo hoo - this book sounds great - LOVE magic, that is for sure.
ReplyDeleteFelicia
mrschopchop@verizon.net
Yes, especially by tricks of David Copperfield.
ReplyDeleteZuzana
Yes, I have. It is always interesting to see magic tricks.
ReplyDeleteYes, definitely. The Criss Angel stuff is interesting.
ReplyDeleteNO
ReplyDeleteaudie(at)wickerness(dot)com
Yup, some of David Copperfield's stuff stumps me.
ReplyDeletevsloboda(at)gmail(dot)com
No, not in person but yes on TV. I adore David Copperfield. I grew up watching him do magic.
ReplyDelete- Beckie
ChiKittie(at)gmail(dot)com
I'm sure I have, but I can't recall a specific instance.
ReplyDeleteI agree with everyone else, David Copper is amazing! I also like David Blaine. Thanks for the awesome contest!
ReplyDeleteI would say all magic tricks since I don't try to figure out how they are done because what is the fun of that.
ReplyDeletesweetreaderma at comcast dot net
David Copperfield would always totally amaze me when I was younger. Whatever happened to him?
ReplyDeleteThe first book was fab' can't wait for this one!!
Yes Cries Angel...everything he does freaks me out.
ReplyDeleteI have been baffled by the famous Executioner trick where a person's body is "sliced in half" and are in two separate boxes.
ReplyDeleteangeldream3[AT]gmail[DOT]com
Yes, especially if I see it in person!
ReplyDeleteYes, when I see the professional ones on tv. In person, not so much.
ReplyDeleteBy some of the stuff I've seen on tv, yes, but I don't go out of my way to see it since it seems like all the guys who do it are super douchy.
ReplyDeleteI'm always slightly baffled by magic tricks. I know that the explanation of how it's done is probably super simple, I just don't know how to do it.
ReplyDeleteparisaja13 @ hotmail.com
Yes! My sister's ex always did magic tricks, and I'm always baffled...but still fun :)
ReplyDeleteOnce during a magic show while in college.
ReplyDeleteNot in-person, only on TV :(
ReplyDeleteI know it's a trick so therefore there is a logical explanation for it. But I'm not usually interested in magical tricks so I don't pay attention to it.
ReplyDeletearani_kk@yahoo.com
I'm really not interested in magic. But they're fun to watch.
ReplyDeleteI always used to watch David Blain on tv. It's incredible what they can do, and I'm usually baffled. It's hard to come up with a reasonable explanation for their tricks.
ReplyDeleteI'd say that on the whole, I've been baffled by more magic tricks than not.
ReplyDeleteI've never been to a magic show. The ones on tv are pretty good though.
ReplyDeleteSome of them, yes, but I usually don't think too much about it.
ReplyDeleteSome magic tricks I just can't figure out but others don't baffle me.
ReplyDeleteYes, one of the boys at work does magic tricks in the street, he just sits beside a random person on a park bench and amazes them with all the card tricks he can do. I dont know how he does it but I love the fact he just does it on the street for fun.
ReplyDeleteI tend to be able to figure them out. I don't know if one has ever completely baffled me.
ReplyDeleteI'm always baffled by magic tricks. I always watched that show where the hooded magician revealed the secrets just to see how it was done.
ReplyDeleteSometimes I am.
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen a magic act since I was a child. Im sure I was baffled at some point but I can't remember.
ReplyDeleteYes, some of them on tv
ReplyDeleteAll the time, I'm pretty gullible and easily distracted. :)
ReplyDeleteOnly once. I'm pretty skeptical of magic tricks.
ReplyDeleteI saw Penn & Teller live - and got photos taken with them after - and some of their tricks I was baffled by!
ReplyDelete